Back to Homepage Learn About NHU Academic Programs
Future Students
Resources for Current Students

State Grants


In addition to Pell Grants and other financial aid, you may be able to receive financial assistance through a grant program funded by your state of residence. Check with the appropriate state agency.

Cal Grant

The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) recently made a decision that affects NHU's eligibility for the Cal Grant program in the 2014–2015 academic year. CSAC has determined that Cal Grant funds will no longer be available for students at NHU effective July 1, 2014. Students who currently receive Cal Grants for the 2013–2014 academic year will continue receiving their funding through June 30.

NHU's Cal Grant status does not impact our Pell Grant or Direct Loan/Title IV eligibility status, which remain intact.

California Dream Act Information

The California Dream Act of 2011 is the result of two bills, Assembly Bill 130 (AB 130) and Assembly Bill 131 (AB 131). Together, these bills allow undocumented and documented students who meet certain provisions of AB 540 law to apply for and receive access to the Cal Grant and other aid offered in and by the state of California. For more information and to begin your application please visit www.caldreamact.org.

Frequently Asked Financial Aid Questions


Filling Out FAFSA?
NHU's school code is 016968.