Candidates are required to complete the following requirements to be accepted into the credential program:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution, or a verified baccalaureate from an accredited foreign institution evaluated as comparable to U.S.
- Must have earned an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 (or higher) on a 4.0 scale in
undergraduate studies. Students who do not meet this requirement must submit a petition letter to be considered for admission to the credential program. Students may be admitted into the credential program on a conditional low GPA status their first semester of enrollment. Failure to meet the 3.0 requirement for first semester of study may disqualify the student.
- Six units from other accredited institutions will be accepted towards the preliminary
credential. Additional units may be accepted with the Chair’s approval only.
Provide the following documents in order to complete NHU's Teacher Education admissions process:
a) Complete an online NHU admission application (no application fee!)
b) Official transcripts from all colleges attended
c) Two letters of recommendation
d) Goal Statement
Admission of NHU Graduates to the Teacher Credential Program/New Program
• Complete an online NHU application (no application fee!)*
• Goal statement
• One letter of recommendation (Credential Program)
• Official transcripts for courses taken elsewhere after NHU (if applicable)
• For further information, refer to "READMISSION" policy.
* Additional information
about Admissions to TED can be downloaded here (PDF).