Students in the Master of Arts in Early Childhood will:
- Analyze biological, environmental, and sociocultural factors that influence early childhood development and learning.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of early childhood practices, environments, and programs.
- Apply cultural perspectives and current and emerging research-based theories, practices, and strategies to foster positive outcomes for all children with particular emphasis on U.S. Latino children and families.
- Analyze, synthesize, and apply research-based theories and practices to act as leaders and advocates who promote positive social change for young children, families, and the early childhood field.
- Critically examine their own values, beliefs, and biases and use this understanding to improve their work with young children and their families.